cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Matthew Patton" <mpat...@inforelay.com>
Subject Re: Storage failure in not handled well in CS
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2012 15:44:23 GMT
On Wed, 03 Oct 2012 09:51:33 -0400, Nik Martin <nik.martin@nfinausa.com>
wrote:

> Bump?  This is a serious issue that I need to get resolved.  An entire
> cloud going down while one SAN is being repaired is a bad thing.

Don't get too upset - it's par for the course for products written by
Citrix programmers. Citrix XenServer (the hypervisor) also has a similar,
fatal flaw. If the first IP of a multi-IP SAN array is unreachable (eg. a
bad port, or controller failure), it won't reconnect using any of the
other IP. It will just mark it dead and you literally have to DELETE the
volume object and redefine it.

The only hypervisor that isn't complete sh*t is ESX. So far I haven't
found a cloud environment that wasn't riddled with incredibly naive
assumptions.

--
Cloud Services Architect, Senior System Administrator
InfoRelay Online Systems (www.inforelay.com)