cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From bruc...@v365.com.au
Subject Re: CS 4 Trial - Could not find corresponding resource manager for VMware
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 06:55:07 GMT

All

can anyone please confirm if this is accurate???

_I can
confirm what another user has been told: "Was told over the phone today
that the community free edition does not support VMware. You can
download the source and see that the adapter for VMWare is missing. "
I'm now using the commercial version and adding a cluster is now
working._

Im trying to setup V Center but i keep getting the same
message
_"COULD NOT FIND CORRESPONDING RESOURCE MANAGER FOR VMWARE"_

On
15.10.2012 14:38, Marcos Ortiz wrote:
> Hi all
>
> As far as I know, if
you have MySQL database in a remote server you
> need to leave blank
password for database user.

> I don't know if this step is different
in CS 4.

> Could you try it?

HI and yes i can confirm you have to
leave the password blank for Version 4. Cloudstack dev's plz update your
doc or you'll drive any new users mad! as the doc implies you need a
password for cloud user!

cloud-setup-databases cloud:password@localhost
--deploy-as=root:mysqlpassword

should be

cloud-setup-databases
cloud:@localhost --deploy-as=root:mysqlpassword

Bruce M

> Marcos
Ortiz Fernández

15/10/2012, a las 07:11, "bruce.m@v365.com.au"
> escribió:

Hi all

>> after struggling to get cloudstack 4.0.0-524 to work

>> tried re-ordering the install process.
>>
>> 1. setup ubuntu
12.04.1
>> 2 sudo
>> apt-get update
>> 3 sudo apt-get upgrade
>> 4 copy
the installer file over and
>> decompress > /Root/cloud
>> 5 INSTALL THE
SQL SERVER 1ST not the Management
>> server
>> 6 sudo apt-get update -
could of SQL updates apply to V 5.5
>> 7
>> ./install.sh - setup
management server
>> 8 reboot
>> 8.1 configure cloud
>> database locally
"cloud-setup-database cloud:@localhost

--deploy-as=root:yourmysqlpassword"
>> 9 force service to start

cloud-setup-management
>> 10 reboot
>> 11 IT WORKS! FINALLY
>>
>> ill
now attempt
>> to connect the server to remote SQL database
>>
>> I was
just blindly
>> following the order in the manual.. management server
then SQL, then sql
>> database setup. But that does not work. I tried it
5 Times. with and
>> without local MySQL server!
>>
>> can some one
replicate this strange