cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Caleb Call <calebc...@me.com>
Subject Re: Nagios monitoring???
Date Sat, 06 Oct 2012 20:22:15 GMT

On Oct 6, 2012, at 9:23 AM, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 4:49 AM, Caleb Call <calebcall@me.com> wrote:
>> Just curious if anyone has had success with any Nagios plugins for monitoring cloudstack?
 The one I've been able to find is the one found here.  I'm having a bit of a problem with
it not being able to connect to my api (or so it seems).  Anyone have experience with it or
with another plugin?

>> Thanks
>

> You are using this one?
>
> https://github.com/jasonhancock/nagios-cloudstack?
>
> What does your api.log/managementserver.log show from the connection attempts?
>
> --David

Sorry, the link got stripped.  Yes I'm using that one.  The api log shows a connection and
looks to be providing a correct response to what was requested.  The error I'm getting in
Nagios is "UNKNOWN: exception Unable to determine pod ID for name=<my pod name>".  I
can see this is the exception it throws when it's not able to get the pod id, not sure why
it can't get the pod id though.