cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Nitin Mehta <Nitin.Me...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: API Query
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 16:49:48 GMT

This is a bug. I just checked the code but couldn't find the reason for it being there.

        if (zone != null) {
            sc.setParameters("dataCenterId", zone);

            if(state == null) {
                sc.setParameters("stateNEQ", "Destroyed");
            }
        }

Thanks,
-Nitin

On 05-Oct-2012, at 9:57 PM, Simon Waterhouse wrote:

If I use the REST API to query "command=listVirtualMachines" then it returns me a record of
the deleted instances. However if I specify the UID of the zone with the query "command=listVirtualMachines&zoneid=<zone-uuid>"
then the server returns an empty response.

My initial feeling is this is a bug - or are deleted machines no longer regarded as "in" the
zone? If so, there is a bug to be filed against the management console (as the Instances list
shows the zone of a deleted instance).