cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Alena Prokharchyk <Alena.Prokharc...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Users of type 'User' and 'Domain-Admin' cannot update their own passwords / account details / create sub-domains
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 22:01:17 GMT
Kristoffer,

Sure, whatever you suggest, makes sense. Please file an enhancement request against cloudStack.

-Alena.

From: Kristoffer Sheather - Cloud Central <kristoffer.sheather@cloudcentral.com.au<mailto:kristoffer.sheather@cloudcentral.com.au>>
To: Alena Prokharchyk <alena.prokharchyk@citrix.com<mailto:alena.prokharchyk@citrix.com>>
Cc: "'cloudstack-users@incubator. org'" <cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org<mailto:cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Users of type 'User' and 'Domain-Admin' cannot update their own passwords / account
details / create sub-domains

So how does a user reset their own password?  We need to enable users to reset their own passwords
without our involvement.

Consider the service provider use case, we need to delegate things like resetting user passwords
to the account holders themselves.

We also need to allow Domain-Admin's to be able to create additional accounts and sub-domains
within their domain.  This caters for the 'multi-level' reseller use case.