cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Alena Prokharchyk <Alena.Prokharc...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Users of type 'User' and 'Domain-Admin' cannot update their own passwords / account details / create sub-domains
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 16:20:00 GMT
On 10/31/12 4:01 AM, "Kristoffer Sheather - Cloud Central"
<kristoffer.sheather@cloudcentral.com.au> wrote:

>Not sure whether I'm going crazy or not, but I can't find a way for users
>with 'Domain-Admin' or 'User' roles to change their passwords, create
>sub-domains, etc.
>
>I can change them by logging in as the system administrator, but cannot
>change account passwords or create sub-domains if logged in as
>'Domain-Admin' for any account.
>
>This behaviour has been evident in my testing of CloudPlatform v3.0.4 and
>v3.0.5.  If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
>
>Regards,
>Kristoffer Sheather

Kristoffer,

It's by design.

Only Root admin can modify the domain structure (create/delete/update
subdomains) and add/remove/update accounts/users.

Domain admin can only enable/disable existing accounts/users in his
domain/subdomains.

Regular user can't perform any CRUD operations neither on other, nor on
his own account/domain.

-Alena.