cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Chiradeep Vittal <Chiradeep.Vit...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: vmware HA
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 05:49:13 GMT
In general the native HA offered by the hypervisor manager (XenServer pool
master, Vmware HA) is going to be a superior and better tested solution
than what CloudStack can achieve.
This was a conscious decision to let the burden of HA fall on the
subsystem that best knows about it.
For KVM, there is not yet (oVirt looks promising) a native solution.
For XenServer, you need XS Advanced edition or above for native HA, so it
was implemented in CloudStack. But the native HA solution is likely to
cover more cases.