cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ahmad Emneina <Ahmad.Emne...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: CS 4 Trial - CloudStack-oss-4.0.0-524.tar
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 15:40:01 GMT
On 10/14/12 11:38 PM, "Marcos Ortiz" <marcos_ortiz@anadat.es> wrote:

>Hi all
>
>As far as I know, if you have MySQL database in a remote server you need
>to leave blank password for database user.
>
>I don't know if this step is different in CS 4.
>
>Could you try it?
>
>Marcos Ortiz Fernández
>IT Technical Engineer
>Anadat Consulting
>

>El 15/10/2012, a las 07:11, "bruce.m@v365.com.au" <bruce.m@v365.com.au>
>escribió:
>

>> Hi all
>>
>> after struggling to get cloudstack 4.0.0-524 to work

>> tried re-ordering the install process.
>>
>> 1. setup ubuntu 12.04.1
>> 2 sudo
>> apt-get update
>> 3 sudo apt-get upgrade
>> 4 copy the installer file over and
>> decompress > /Root/cloud
>> 5 INSTALL THE SQL SERVER 1ST not the Management
>> server
>> 6 sudo apt-get update - could of SQL updates apply to V 5.5
>> 7
>> ./install.sh - setup management server
>> 8 reboot
>> 8.1 configure cloud
>> database locally "cloud-setup-database cloud:@localhost
>> --deploy-as=root:yourmysqlpassword"
>> 9 force service to start
>> cloud-setup-management
>> 10 reboot
>> 11 IT WORKS! FINALLY
>>
>> ill now attempt
>> to connect the server to remote SQL database
>>
>> I was just blindly
>> following the order in the manual.. management server then SQL, then sql
>> database setup. But that does not work. I tried it 5 Times. with and
>> without local MySQL server!
>>
>> can some one replicate this strange
>> behavior?
>>
>> Bruce.m
>>
>> :-

Not true, for production installs, I always have the db server remote to
management servers and there are passwords on all accounts. One thing to
try is have a mysql user password with little to no special characters, if
you do quote them, for example cloud-setup-databases
cloud:'mcloudpass'@remote.host.com
--deploy-as=root:'rootpass'@remote.host.com