cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Outback Dingo <outbackdi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NFS vs iSCSI
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 03:15:29 GMT
On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 11:11 PM, Trevor Francis
<trevor.francis@tgrahamcapital.com> wrote:
> Good question. This is a private cloud for an application we have developed. We will
have no actual "public" users installing OS' of varying ranges.

> That being said. Cent 6.3 64-bit, is the only guest OS being deployed. It is also what
I am intending to deploy my NFS using.

Then ISCSI would be a good choice is you have speed at the disk layer,
no sense slowing it down with NFS.

> Yes, I know that ZFS rocks and FreeBSD is the bees knees, but we know Cent and everything
on our platform is standardized around that (short of XenServer hosts). Also, we don't need
to take advantage of ZFS caching, as all of our deployed storage for guests is SSD anyway.