cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Jason Davis <scr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NFS vs iSCSI
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 02:56:42 GMT
Decent read:
http://lass.cs.umass.edu/papers/pdf/FAST04.pdf

As far as CS + XenServer, I prefer NFS. Easier to manage, thin provisioning
works from the get go (which is super important as XenServer uses CoW
(linked clones) iterations from the template you use.) By default, XS uses
LVM over iSCSI with iSCSI which can be confusing to administer. That and it
doesn't thin provision... which sucks...

In theory there are latency penalties with NFS (as mentioned in the paper)
but in a live deployment, I never ran into this.