cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Gavin Lee <gavin....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: backup a cloudstack deployment
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 13:50:06 GMT
Below is just my assumption:
Storage hardware should make sure no data lost, the solution in this
layer may be easy but expensive in CloudStack's perspective.
CloudStack provides schedule snapshot[1] is just for your convenience,
with backuped DB, you can easily restore the whole cloud. But hardware
failure may still cause some data lose in 2 scheduled snapshots or
even corruptted for incremental snapshot.  The progress of Take
snapshot and restore to VM is also time consumption.

Using DFS(eg: ceph) as primary/secondary storage is similiar,  the DFS
itself needs to keep data intact. And currently it's not fully
supported.

[1] snapshot in cloudstack is volume backup rather than vm snapshot at
this moment.

--
Gavin