cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Charles Moulliard <ch0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why do we need mysql server on the dev machine
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 12:01:26 GMT
The mysql database created on Devcloud VM (
http://download.cloud.com/templates/devcloud/DevCloud.ova) uses as
credential 'root' and not 'cloud'.

root@devcloud:~# mysql -h localhost -u root -p cloud
Enter password:

Your MySQL connection id is 41
Server version: 5.5.24-0ubuntu0.12.04.1 (Ubuntu)

Copyright (c) 2000, 2011, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its
affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective
owners.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input
statement.

mysql> SHOW TABLES;
| Tables_in_cloud                      |
| account                              |
| account_details                      |
| account_network_ref                  |
| account_vlan_map                     |
| alert                                |
| async_job                            |
| cluster                              |
| cluster_details                      |
| cluster_vsm_map                      |
| cmd_exec_log                         |
| configuration                        |
| console_proxy                        |
| data_center                          |
| data_center_details                  |
| dc_storage_network_ip_range          |
| disk_offering                        |
| domain                               |
| domain_network_ref                   |
| domain_router                        |
| elastic_lb_vm_map                    |
| event                                |
| external_firewall_devices            |
| external_load_balancer_devices       |
| firewall_rules                       |
| firewall_rules_cidrs                 |
| guest_os                             |
| guest_os_category                    |
| guest_os_hypervisor                  |
| host                                 |
| host_details                         |
| host_pod_ref                         |
| host_tags                            |
| hypervisor_capabilities              |
| inline_load_balancer_nic_map         |
| instance_group                       |
| instance_group_vm_map                |
| keystore                             |
| launch_permission                    |
| load_balancer_stickiness_policies    |
| load_balancer_vm_map                 |
| load_balancing_rules                 |
| mshost                               |
| mshost_peer                          |
| netapp_lun                           |
| netapp_pool                          |
| netapp_volume                        |
| netscaler_pod_ref                    |
| network_external_firewall_device_map |
| network_external_lb_device_map       |
| network_offerings                    |
| network_rule_config                  |
| networks                             |
| nics                                 |
| ntwk_offering_service_map            |
| ntwk_service_map                     |
| op_dc_ip_address_alloc               |
| op_dc_link_local_ip_address_alloc    |
| op_dc_storage_network_ip_address     |
| op_dc_vnet_alloc                     |
| op_ha_work                           |
| op_host                              |
| op_host_capacity                     |
| op_host_transfer                     |
| op_host_upgrade                      |
| op_it_work                           |
| op_lock                              |
| op_networks                          |
| op_nwgrp_work                        |
| op_pod_vlan_alloc                    |
| op_user_stats_log                    |
| op_vm_ruleset_log                    |
| ovs_tunnel_interface                 |
| ovs_tunnel_network                   |
| physical_network                     |
| physical_network_isolation_methods   |
| physical_network_service_providers   |
| physical_network_tags                |
| physical_network_traffic_types       |
| pod_vlan_map                         |
| port_forwarding_rules                |
| port_profile                         |
| project_account                      |
| project_invitations                  |
| projects                             |
| remote_access_vpn                    |
| resource_count                       |
| resource_limit                       |
| resource_tags                        |
| secondary_storage_vm                 |
| security_group                       |
| security_group_rule                  |
| security_group_vm_map                |
| sequence                             |
| service_offering                     |
| snapshot_policy                      |
| snapshot_schedule                    |
| snapshots                            |
| ssh_keypairs                         |
| stack_maid                           |
| storage_pool                         |
| storage_pool_details                 |
| storage_pool_host_ref                |
| storage_pool_work                    |
| swift                                |
| sync_queue                           |
| sync_queue_item                      |
| template_host_ref                    |
| template_spool_ref                   |
| template_swift_ref                   |
| template_zone_ref                    |
| upload                               |
| usage_event                          |
| user                                 |
| user_ip_address                      |
| user_statistics                      |
| user_vm                              |
| user_vm_details                      |
| version                              |
| virtual_router_providers             |
| virtual_supervisor_module            |
| vlan                                 |
| vm_instance                          |
| vm_template                          |
| vm_template_details                  |
| volume_host_ref                      |
| volumes                              |
| vpn_users                            |
127 rows in set (0.01 sec)

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 12:50 PM, Charles Moulliard <ch007m@gmail.com>wrote:

> I use git master of CloudStack and maven 3.0
>
> If I try to connect on mysql db on DevCloud VM with parameters provided in
> db.properties, I cannot connect
>
> root@devcloud:~# mysql -h 192.168.56.2 -u cloud -p cloud
> Enter password:
> ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.56.2' (111)
>

> On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 12:45 PM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@citrix.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Charles,
>>
>> On 29-Oct-2012, at 5:09 PM, Charles Moulliard <ch007m@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Rohit,
>> >
>> > I'm a bit surprised that the procedure fails as it was working perfectly
>> > last friday as explained here (
>> >
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+devcloud+environment+setup
>> )
>> > with DevCloud VM. Do you know what has changed in the code ?
>>
>> No changes since Friday, as far as I know 4.0 is frozen and tagged.
>>
>> But I think you're confusing devcloud with 4.0 branch which works with
>> ant and things described on the 4.0 release test procedure wiki.
>> You need to checkout master if you want to work with maven as they depend
>> on master.
>>
>> I'm not sure, so I'll test and see if there is something that's failing
>> on master using maven.
>>
>> Regards.
>>

>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Charles

>> server.

on
The
>> last
The

>> > --
>> > Charles Moulliard
>> > Apache Committer / Sr. Enterprise Architect (RedHat)
>> > Twitter : @cmoulliard | Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
>>

> --
> Charles Moulliard

Charles Moulliard