cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Charles Moulliard <ch0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack running in Virtualbox
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 12:24:47 GMT
Hi Rohit,

Thx for the update.
Additional questions :
- If the machine containing the VB is linked by example to the following
network 192.168.1.x/255.255.255.0 and has access to internet using a DHCP
server, do you think that the network to be used for the host only adapter
should be 192.168.56.x as defined here (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+devcloud+environment+setup)
?
- How will it be possible for the DevCloud VM machine to have access to
internet if we use only between VB and cloud machine the host only adapter
and not NAT or Bridge adapter as second adapter ?

There is a missing piece in the wiki page : You should tell to the user how
it should configure the vboxnet0 adapter in VB that we will use with the
host only adapter ! The existing page explains only how to configure the
DevCloud VM (/etc/hosts file)

Regards,

Charles

Charles Moulliard