cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Whitehead <dri...@megahappy.net>
Subject Re: Primary Storage
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 18:27:49 GMT
> We are looking at building a Primary Storage solution for an
> enterprise/carrier class application. However, we want to build it using a
> FOSS solution and not a commercial solution. Do you have a recommendation
> on platform?

I'm using GlusterFS as primary storage on my production cloudstack
installs. I'm using IPoIB to get some pretty fast speeds. I
can consistently get about 120MB/sec from within a VM using qcow2 files in
kvm over glusterfs fuse mounts. I'm hoping cloudstack will be able to
support the native gluster stuff being done in qemu in the future.