cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Whitehead <dri...@megahappy.net>
Subject Re: Primary Storage
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 06:18:26 GMT
> I have installed GlusterFS direct on Solaris with a modified code.
> Want you build bigger systems for more then  50 VMs it is better you split the Solaris
and GlusterFS with a separte headnode for GlusterFS

> That looks like:
> Solaris ZFS Backendstorage with a dataset Volume (Thin Provision) -->  ( SRP Target
 attached direct without Infiniband switch to GF Node)  --> GlusterFS Node the srp target
formatted with xfs filesystem, create a GlusterFS Volume --> ( Infiniband over a Mellanox
Port Switch)  --> Cloudstack Node mount glusterFS Volume over RDMA

What version of glusterfs are you running? I've had difficulty getting
native rdma working in the 3.2/3.3 series.

-Bryan