cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Storage failure in not handled well in CS
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2012 20:04:50 GMT

Martin,

This should not happen.  I've raised the priority on the bug itself.

I want to make sure you understand the implications of the sql Anthony sent.  This will temporarily
remove the storage_pool from CloudStack because removed column is not null means CloudStack
data access layer won't even retrieve the storage pool.  There may be things that appear broken
while this is true.  For example, when you retrieve volumes stored on that storage pool, cloudstack
won't be able to retrieve any information on the storage pool because it can't see it.  To
get it back in working order, you have to "update storage_pool set removed=null where id =
[primary storage pool id]".

You should still put the storage pool into maintenance mode before you run Anthony's sql.

--Alex