cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From bruc...@v365.com.au
Subject Re: CS 4 Trial - Could not find corresponding resource manager for VMware
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 13:02:29 GMT

Thanks for the explanation Chiradeep

could we get some sort of
pre-release docs to explain this, to make it a lil bit easier for cloud
co's like myself to get a working lab going so we dont get frustrated
and give up.?? Rather than making it nearly impossible to actually get a
working copy to... work?

ill pull down an OSS build and see if i have
more success with that.

thanks
Bruce McKenzie

On 15.10.2012 16:28,
Chiradeep Vittal wrote:
> Yes, you are mistaken.
>
> Hypervisors and
network resources that require 3rd party SDK jars that are
> not
ASL-friendly are not built by default since it requires linking

against non-OSS jars. The code for these resources are separated into
the
> relevant plugins/ folder. If you download the non-OSS jars (for
e.g., from
> [1]) and put them in the deps folder, you should be able to
follow the
> non-OSS build directions in [2] and build from the source
release.
> You could also download pre-built binaries from [3]
>
> Once
the release gets voted, convenience binaries including the non-oss

bits will be made available.

http://zooi.widodh.nl/cloudstack/build-dep/
> [2]

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Building#Building-No

nOSSBuilding

10/15/12 12:00 AM, "bruce.m@v365.com.au" wrote:

>>May i add
regards the VMWARE issues that cloud stack openly
>>publish's that it
supports VMWARE.

>>if you have to pay for support from
>>Citrix, then
you could at least state that in the docs and remove public
>>support of
VMware as it appears to be a misleading and
false
>>statement.
>>
>>_"Apache CloudStack is open source software
written in java
>>that is designed to deploy and manage large networks
of virtual
>>machines, as a highly available, scalable cloud computing
platform.
>>CloudStack current supports the most popular hypervisors
VMWARE, Oracle
>>VM, KVM, XenServer and Xen Cloud Platform. CloudStack
offers three ways
>>to manage cloud computing environments: a
easy-to-use web interface,
>>command line and a full-featured RESTful
API."_

>>Please anyone feel free
>>to correct me ASAP! ???
>>
>>Bruce