cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Mathias Mullins <mathias.mull...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: vmware HA
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 01:41:04 GMT
VMware allows for the ability to enable HA on every node individually on whether it will participate
in the HA fail-over in the cluster. So by default CloudStack wouldn't be able to turn it on
at the cluster level automatically without having to configure it down to each node in the
cluster. So I can see where it's not as automatic.

Maybe one of the developers can elaborate if it will be in Campo since they'll be supporting
DRS functionality.

Thanks,
Matt

On Oct 30, 2012, at 9:26 PM, "Lucy" <no1lucy@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm just confused by why we must enable HA in VMware cluster from vSphere Client?
>
> However,after testing,we find for xenserver and kvm hypervisor,we can use HA by only
enable HA in cloudstack,needn't to open HA in hypervisor.