cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Fuchs, Andreas (SwissTXT)" <Andreas.Fu...@swisstxt.ch>
Subject RE: CS Loadbalancer Features
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 16:18:22 GMT
Hi Murali

Many thanks for your answers.

>Can I ask what is the kind of deployment you are looking for? Do you intend to provide
LB as a service to the tenants (users)? If not, and want fully leverage Haproxy or NetScaler's
load balancing >functionality then IMO, you can restrict CS router appliance to provide
just DNS and DHCP services, and setup  data path through gateway and load balancer devices
that you can control.

Yes we like to deploy a LB service per tenant. Dreaming of something where CS is creating
the service and real servers entries in the LB and then the tenant can connect to the LB and
do all the fancy things the LB supports.

So if we create a Network Offering with NetScaler as LB provider, will CS create virt and
real servers on the NetScaler and we can adapt then the settings on the NetScaler to our needs
or is this also stateless and the config may get lost?

So if I'm reading this: http://blogs.citrix.com/2012/02/14/cloudstack-3-0-netscaler-driving-application-networking-in-cloud/

I have many more questions:
- what's the advantage disadvantage of parallel vs. in-line mode
- how are those modes configured, don't see where to configure

If all this won't help, do we have to create a shared network offering without LoadBalancer
feature and deploy the LB service ourselves?

Regards
Andi