cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Fuchs, Andreas (SwissTXT)" <Andreas.Fu...@swisstxt.ch>
Subject CS Loadbalancer Features
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 10:45:56 GMT
Hi

In our CloudStack POC we found out that the intergrate Loadbalancer lacks some, for us,  mandatory
feartures:
As example:
- active, backup configs
- Customized health checks (request "healtcheScript.php", test answer for containing string)
- url hash loadbalancing

And nice to have:
- cookie insertion
- client source ip transparent mode for service where x-header injection is not working

Now the questions, as we understand CS uses HAproxy for LB. So is it possible to edit the
HAproxy rules manually? Or will this mess things up with the CS config?
If we inegrate a Hardware loadbalancer like the NetScaller will the full features of the NetScaler
be available to us? If yes how, via the GUI, API or directly on the Netscaler?
And if all this is not going to work, how do you best integrate an External Loadbalancer?
Paralell to the CS Router Appliance or behind/in front of the CS Router.
(We are using an advanced network config with VLAN isolation, we are open to change this if
it solves our problem)

Best regards
Andi