cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Fuchs, Andreas (SwissTXT)" <Andreas.Fu...@swisstxt.ch>
Subject Manual DNS entries
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 10:20:29 GMT
Hi

We are curently in a CloudStack POC and are facing some general questions.
One is, is it possible to add manual entries to the CS integrated DNS in an advanced network
config environment.

What we see and understand so far is that:
- an A record is made for the user entered instance name
- an PTR is created for this name

- those entries are not changed when the instance name is changed
- those entries are not removed when the instance is deleted
(we hope this get's fixed in a future release)

The question now: is it possible to add manual CNAME entries to the DNS? In the GUI? Via an
API?

If this is not possible, is there a way to bring this in as a feature request somehow?

Regards
Andi