cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: How can I specify the vCPU and ram manually?
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 10:50:11 GMT
We've had this requirement a few times before.
In short, it goes against CS's concept of service offerings

Theres two approaches we've used:

1. create, in advance, service offerings  of every permutation of memory/cpu/disk  that you
want to sell. Or
2. Use the API to generate new service offerings on the fly, when people spin up instances

Whichever approach you use, doing this in the CS gui will be a lot of work, easiest thing
is to create a provisioning site to do it via API, which is relatively  simple

In terms of usage/billing, you then just bill out against a service offering (its just you
have lots of different ones)

If you have a look at these guys:
http://www.umbeehosting.co.uk/cloud-hosting/public-cloud-instances/

they are using approach (1) above