cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Julien Garet <julien.ga...@inria.fr>
Subject backup a cloudstack deployment
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 14:53:46 GMT
Hello,

I'm currently deploying CloudStack for a private IaaS cloud, and I have a question about how
and what I should back up.
I've read quite a lot of forums/blogs posts, telling I should only backup the mysql database,
and that's it... But what happens if my primary storage servers burn ? If my secondary storage
gets corrupted ? I think I can't just tell my users : "Oh you've lost your VMs, that's so
sad but I can't do anything for you..."

I'm planning to do backup/replication of my primary storage and secondary storage volumes,
so that I can restore entire volumes in case of big crashes.

What are people doing ?

Julien