cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why do we need mysql server on the dev machine
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 19:30:10 GMT
Charles,

I tested this on my mb air 10.8.1, mysql 5.5. The procedure works fine.

The database is running on localhost (the air), 192.168.56.1 is the address of the vbox switch:

lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 16384
	options=3<RXCSUM,TXCSUM>
	inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1
	inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000
	inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128
gif0: flags=8010<POINTOPOINT,MULTICAST> mtu 1280
stf0: flags=0<> mtu 1280
en0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
	ether 7c:d1:c3:e9:0d:bf
	inet6 fe80::7ed1:c3ff:fee9:dbf%en0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x4
	media: autoselect
	status: active
p2p0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 2304
	ether 0e:d1:c3:e9:0d:bf
	media: autoselect
	status: inactive
vboxnet0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
	ether 0a:00:27:00:00:00
	inet 192.168.56.1 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.56.255

The devcloud setup with host-only (replacing the NAT adapter form the default devcloud) will
get IPs from the DHCP setup for the vboxnet adapter. It should have been configured by default
in vbox -> preferences -> network . If you click on the "screwdriver" you can see the
settings.

Make sure that you created a cloud user with cloud password before running:
> mvn -P developer -pl developer -Ddeploydb

Otherwise the tables don't get created (at least that was the case for me).

Cheers,

-sebastien