cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Why do we need mysql server on the dev machine
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 13:33:58 GMT
I checked, when we do:

 mvn -P developer,deploysvr -pl tools/devcloud -Ddeploysvr

It in turn calls python to deploy and setup a data centre using devcloud.cfg which uses:

    "mgtSvr": [
        {
            "mgtSvrIp": "127.0.0.1",-
            "port": 8096
        }
    ],
    "dbSvr":-
        {
>---    "dbSvr": "127.0.0.1",
>---    "port": 3306,
>---    "user": "cloud",
>---    "passwd": "cloud",
>---    "db": "cloud"
        }

This is needs fixing, but for now you can run mysql on localhost (192.168.56.1 for host-only
network) for this to work or hack tools/devcloud/devcloud.cfg as needed.

One more thing, after deploying datacenter, you're required to restart management server,
if there are systemvms which had already started you need to destroy them and restart management
server. This is because devcloud.cfg sets up host, local storage etc. global settings and
if you modify them you're required to restart mgmt server, else console proxy and ssvm functionality
may not work, for example say one's unable to see the console for a vm, one is unable to upload
template etc.

Hope this helps. I'll update the wiki.

Regards.

On 29-Oct-2012, at 5:31 PM, Charles Moulliard <ch007m@gmail.com<mailto:ch007m@gmail.com>>