cloudstack-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Charles Moulliard <ch0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: View console button
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 11:45:34 GMT
On 24/10/12 13:33, Rohit Yadav wrote:
> Alright, I think now I know the reason; since it's inside NAT, even if the dns succeeds
to resolve the 10-0-2-187.realhostip.com to 10.0.2.187, the console proxy servlet won't be
able to reach that IP, hence it would fail.
> A workaround would be to install gnome-desktop or any window manager on it, and install
a browser all inside devcloud and use the browser inside devcloud to view console as for it
the 10.0.2.x would be reachable.
> Thanks for bringing this issue.
>
> ________________________________________
> From: Charles Moulliard [ch007m@gmail.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 4:15 PM
> To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: Re: View console button
>
> The IP address of the management server defined in Global Settings is : 10.0.2.15
> What do you mean by iptables rules ? I don't see that in global settings.
> Please find in attachment (OpenOffice Sheet) the values that I have
>
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@citrix.com<mailto:rohit.yadav@citrix.com>>
wrote:
> Check one thing, goto global settings and check the host, it should be the IP address
of your management server. Next check ports [0] used by management server and console proxy
and remove any iptables rules that may drop those packets. If this is the case that host IP
was localhost and not x.x.x.x, please set it to correct ip and restart management server and
destroy old console proxy vm (don't worry CS will recreate new ones). And let us know if it
still failed for you.
>
> Other global setting variables to look for may be cidr, internal.
>
> [0] https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/ports-used-by-cloudstack.html
>
> Regards.
> ________________________________________
> From: Charles Moulliard [ch007m@gmail.com<mailto:ch007m@gmail.com>]
> Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:01 PM
> To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org<mailto:cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: View console button
>
> I have access to internet from the machine (and reason why you get my
> response). But google chrome cannot find  'realhotip.com<http://realhotip.com>'
>
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Mice Xia <mice_xia@tcloudcomputing.com<mailto:mice_xia@tcloudcomputing.com>>wrote:
>
>> CloudStack uses a public DNS server to resolve your console proxy VM
>> address.
>> <10-0-2-187.realhostip.com<http://10-0-2-187.realhostip.com>> will be
resolved as 10.0.2.187.
>>
>> Please check if you can access internet and domain 'realhostip.com<http://realhostip.com>'.
>>
>> Regards
>> Mice
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Charles Moulliard [mailto:ch007m@gmail.com<mailto:ch007m@gmail.com>]
>> Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 4:47 PM
>> To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org<mailto:cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org>
>> Subject: View console button
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I cannot reach the console of an instance created with CloudStack after
>> clicking on "View console button". The address is :
>>
>> http://localhost:8080/client/console?cmd=access&vm=e230a8b2-b37b-4473-a925-4c3d5d6e6ddf
>> If I check the web address that it tries to load, Ifind this one in the web
>> page code source :
>>
>> "
>>
>> https://10-0-2-187.realhostip.com/ajax?token=Lkt0hiRMG1tAdKon4ZqIB9bpo9FFRi2b1fnExn4uuVR8WoHmMe7xjBApcL1vE-QlFWqbMvbmZrSG7nhchR40Pl1DJVATzJ389SPtgPJmX80Jp29oj35eWLH2bzl31HCAGAfzonSF4BPOqABAuJFNMaMaTbXem9HBgqxHL2CmgOyl_2zoJEAzW5Zid_5BIocNZ901BAFeDfaaQMqO8DDGEk7Yl2mxaMfcMENnmZNxBT1pPllH2T03GK9wEa5q4qa5fNqVesKn6xTCgbooJO-LFVlsI6V3S9xtC95J3JpTjmgPG6LMRI-axFVUgjp97EhHx3-90iXggdA6U0uLngTnyoucxnmg76F7KgK__dRpefgqDqol53R5ADJ69cUJxgw-7w_h0QnFrXw6bP8z3ySkSs4-d7faf1rVwSPkqqRCeVsPajAEG97Y3ES-0rj5Ra3A1H8xuSDaF3Xq_EKAHLecmg
>>
>> How can we configure hostname as
>> "10-0-2-187.realhostip.com<http://10-0-2-187.realhostip.com><
>> https://10-0-2-187.realhostip.com/ajax?token=Lkt0hiRMG1tAdKon4ZqIB9bpo9FFRi2b1fnExn4uuVR8WoHmMe7xjBApcL1vE-QlFWqbMvbmZrSG7nhchR40Pl1DJVATzJ389SPtgPJmX80Jp29oj35eWLH2bzl31HCAGAfzonSF4BPOqABAuJFNMaMaTbXem9HBgqxHL2CmgOyl_2zoJEAzW5Zid_5BIocNZ901BAFeDfaaQMqO8DDGEk7Yl2mxaMfcMENnmZNxBT1pPllH2T03GK9wEa5q4qa5fNqVesKn6xTCgbooJO-LFVlsI6V3S9xtC95J3JpTjmgPG6LMRI-axFVUgjp97EhHx3-90iXggdA6U0uLngTnyoucxnmg76F7KgK__dRpefgqDqol53R5ADJ69cUJxgw-7w_h0QnFrXw6bP8z3ySkSs4-d7faf1rVwSPkqqRCeVsPajAEG97Y3ES-0rj5Ra3A1H8xuSDaF3Xq_EKAHLecmg
>>> "
>> does not exist for me and does not correspond to the hostname of my machine
>> ?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> --
>> Charles Moulliard
>> Apache Committer / Sr. Enterprise Architect (RedHat)
>> Twitter : @cmoulliard | Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
>>
>
>
> --
> Charles Moulliard
> Apache Committer / Sr. Enterprise Architect (RedHat)
> Twitter : @cmoulliard | Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
>
>
>
> --
> Charles Moulliard
> Apache Committer / Sr. Enterprise Architect (RedHat)
> Twitter : @cmoulliard | Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
>
>
Will deploy gnome-panel in the server deployed as image in VirtualBox. 
Thx for your help

Mime
View raw message