cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Paco Orozco <paco.oro...@upcnet.es>
Subject Re: backup a cloudstack deployment
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 06:22:29 GMT
Hi Julien,

Good point! We have a private IaaS cloud and we have the same question.
At the beginning documentation and forums recommends to backup MySQL DB
and the secondary storage.

I'm using Cloudstack and Xen servers with LVM as a primary storage.

I'm doing it but I've got some not solved questions.

1) Geoff says "You should have every VM running a Scheduled Snapshot
routine, that way if you have a disaster, you can recreate your
architecture, and restore VMs from Snapshots / Templates". When you
schedule this snapshot routine it will create snaps on secondary
storage. Does this snaps count as a consumed resources for users? Must
they will pay for it? Can users delete them?

2) I'm now testing a solution for PHD in order to do VM backups from Xen
Server. Are you using Xen or KVM/VMware?

3) I need to protect myself from harware failures (mirroring) and
software or human errors (backup). Are you only using mirror?

Thanks
--
Paco Orozco (paco.orozco@upcnet.es)
SIP: paco.orozco@upcnet.es