cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Nik Martin <nik.mar...@nfinausa.com>
Subject Re: Storage failure in not handled well in CS
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2012 21:53:46 GMT
On 10/03/2012 03:04 PM, Alex Huang wrote:

> [...]
temporarily remove the storage_pool from CloudStack because removed column is not null means
CloudStack data access layer won't even retrieve the storage pool.  There may be things that
appear broken while this is true.  For example, when you retrieve volumes stored on that storage
pool, cloudstack won't be able to retrieve any information on the storage pool because it
can't see it.  To get it back in working order, you have to "update storage_pool set removed=null
where id = [primary storage pool id]".

> You should still put the storage pool into maintenance mode before you run Anthony's
sql.

> --Alex

ALex,

Thank you for the update and feedback.