cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From bruc...@v365.com.au
Subject Re: CS 4 Trial - errors in build CloudStack-oss-4.0.0-521 +CloudStack-oss-4.0.0-522
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 23:14:52 GMT

I would if i knew where to look... and file it!?!

WE JUST TRIED
THE LATEST BUILD CLOUDSTACK-OSS-4.0.0-522 AND IT HAS THE SAME ISSUE.

im
not a developer but a Cloud hosting Co.

We wanted to see how far V4 is
from a production ready package. Guess there is more work to be
done.

Not to say that i wont develop, as am putting a team together to
develop a storage plug-in for CloudStack for RDMA + vRDMA for ESXi 5.1
Just no resources atm to spend time looking at the dev docs.

_We have
CS3 working in lab using Infiniband RDMA SRP. Primary storage is 8TB
working @ 1100MB/s read and 950MB/s Write across 4 VMware ESXi 4.1U1
servers in POD. + we can provision NFS over Infiniband IP which yields
NFS @6~9Gb/s which is better than 1g ether. The plug in will control
VMFS snapshots, and file level I/O. And provision File I/O on the SRP
San which uses SCST to provision storage to SRP network. The plugin will
also manage the IB GUIDS and other Infiniband related tasks, and connect
to ESX5 to pull storage metrics into CloudStack. Vmware are developing a
vRDMA para-virtual driver for esxi 5._

_If any one is interested in
RDMA primary & 2ndary storage please let me know, and i will invite you
to the group when its created. ALSO FYI we are looking at Infiniband SRP
for GlusterFS also. We would then setup 2 or 3 glusterFS Servers,
connect via RDMA and present Gluster as fileio to SCST Target server. IE
provide SAN via RDMA and back end will be RDMA Storage Cluster! ;-) So
if 40gb/s to 3 servers as raid mirror, we could in theory provide 80Gb/s
of san speed to the SCST Target which can then present Fileio to Vmware
clusters @ 2 x 40gb or 56Gb/s... and we could get 100Gb/s SAN_

WE JUST
TRIED THE LATEST BUILD CLOUDSTACK-OSS-4.0.0-522 AND IT HAS THE SAME
ISSUE.

CAN SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO FILE IT AS A BUG DO SO PLEASE? ITS
PRETTY HARD TO GET STARTED IF EVEN THE MOST BASIC TASKS OF LOGGING IN TO
CS WONT WORK?

also were happy to test build and try to help debug CS4
as we have 2 C7000 Chassis waiting to be used to test and high speed
RDMA SAN.

regards

Bruce McKenzie

V365

On 13.10.2012 09:35, David
Nalley wrote:
> Indeed - just replicated - would you file a blocker bug
for this?

> On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 6:24 PM, wrote:
>>

>> Fresh
build of Ubuntu 12.04.1 with latest update

>> Ubuntu build

CloudStack-oss-4.0.0-521 Errors below

>> _Setting up

libatk-wrapper-java-jni (0.30.4-0ubuntu2) ... Processing triggers for

libc-bin ... ldconfig deferred processing now taking place Errors
were
>> encountered while processing: cloud-awsapi E: Sub-process
/usr/bin/dpkg
>> returned an error code (1) A package failed to install.
Trying to
>> recover: Setting up cloud-awsapi (1:4.0.0-incubating) ...
Current
>> status: 39 updates [-1]. Done_
>>
>> Cant install Database
either! (on
>> separate server)
>>
>> Mysql user name:cloud [ OK ] Mysql
user
>> password:xxxxxxxxxxx [ OK ] Mysql server ip:10.1.10.22 [ OK ]
Mysql
>> server port:3306 [ OK ] Mysql root user name:root [ OK ] Mysql
root user
>> password:xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [ OK ] Checking Cloud database
files ... [ OK ]
>> Checking local machine hostname ... [ OK ] Checking
SELinux setup ... [
>> OK ] Detected local IP address as 10.1.10.39,
will use as cluster
>> management server node IP[ OK ] Preparing

/etc/cloud/management/db.properties [ OK ] Applying

/usr/share/cloud/setup/create-database.sql We apologize for below
error:

Encountering an error when executing mysql script

table: /usr/share/cloud/setup/create-database.sql Error: /bin/sh: 1:

mysql: not found

>> I then install SQL Client tools on the cloud host
and