cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Julien Garet <julien.ga...@inria.fr>
Subject maximum hosts per cluster
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 08:59:29 GMT
Hello,

Still in deployment planning, I am wondering how much hosts should I put in a single cluster
? I am using Cloudstack 3.0.2 with KVM on CentOS 6.2 hosts.

What are the advantages and drawbacks of putting hosts in the same cluster ?

>From what I see, if I am in the same cluster, I can migrate instances between hosts, what
I can not do between different clusters, I can also migrate primary storage.

What happens if I had more than 16 hosts in a KVM cluster (16 seems to be the limit from the
advanced install guide).

I am using iSCSI luns as primary storage and Dell C6220 servers (4 servers in 2U chassis,
sharing power input). I thought first I would divide each chassis in its own cluster, but,
from management side, I need to create a new lun for every chassis. If I need to do some operations
on a chassis, I need to put all servers in the cluster in maintenance mode, but it seems I
can't do that ! At least one server should be up, no ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

------
Attention, changement d'adresse et de numéro de téléphone !
Julien GARET
DSI / SESI
Bureau B201
Inria Lille-Nord Europe