cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: CloudStack running in Virtualbox
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 10:12:33 GMT
Since the VM is on its private/guest network and the whole setup is inside virtualbox's NAT
from your host 10.0.2.2 (gateway, or guessing 10.0.2.50 vbox ip), you won't be able to reach
the internal network.
You're able to ssh, open client n browser into devcloud/mgmgt server as they are port forwarded
(see devcloud vm's settings->network). You won't be able to reach 10.0.2.15 as your nics
won't know how to deal with it, also because in vbox settings for devcloud, you'll find devcloud
vm (10.0.2.15) port 8080 and others forwarded to localhost's (your host os, not vbox's) respective
ports.

If you want to be able to access your vm and have its network reachable from your host-os,
you can try to go through a wiki recently edited by Edison (search previous emails on this
ML, sorry could n't find the url, Internet is too slow at present) where you use host-only
adapter instead of NAT.
If it's a basic zone (most likely) and you've not configured any firewall rules, you should
be able to reach the user vm (10.0.2.179) from your devcloud vm (10.0.2.15).

Hope this helps,
Rohit

From: Charles Moulliard [ch007m@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:06 PM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: CloudStack running in Virtualbox

Are you connecting from the host running virtual box to the VM running the
management server over SSH or HTTP?
> No.

 10.0.2.50 = VirtualBox IP address
 10.0.2.15 = CloudStack management server
 10.0.2.179 = an instance created using the console (
http://localhost:8080/client/). I can connect to the web console from the
ubuntu machine where VirtualBox has been installed and running the image
CloudStack

I cannot connect to the management server using address
http://10.0.2.15:8080/client

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Donal Lafferty
<donal.lafferty@citrix.com>wrote:

> Hi Charles,
>
> Need more information.
>
> Are you connecting from the host running virtual box to the VM running the
> management server over SSH or HTTP?
>
> For HTTP, AFAIK you not to include the port and virtual path.  E.g.
> http://10.0.2.179:8080/client
>
> Also, can you confirm what IP addresses you have?  10.0.2.50 seems to be
> the VirtualBox gateway and 10.0.2.179 the management server.  So what is
> 10.0.2.15?
>
> DL

Charles Moulliard