cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Chris Row <c...@xpressdocs.com>
Subject Any way to free up management IP addresses after a cloud crash
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 20:17:40 GMT
   We had an issue that caused the servers in our Cloudstack infrastructure to shut themselves
down abruptly.

   I have two zones and was able to get the first online but the second is having issues due
to lack of management IPs. The original system VMs seem to have disappeared and new ones are
trying to start but the system doesn't have enough room for them. It seems the other system
virtual machines are holding onto the IP addresses.

The Console System VM will start, but them I'm out of management IPs and when the secondary
storage VM tries to start I get the following error.

com.cloud.exception.InsufficientAddressCapacityException: Unable to get a management ip addressScope=interface
com.cloud.dc.Pod; id=2
at com.cloud.network.guru.PodBasedNetworkGuru.reserve(PodBasedNetworkGuru.java:117)
at com.cloud.network.guru.StorageNetworkGuru.reserve(StorageNetworkGuru.java:119)
at com.cloud.network.NetworkManagerImpl.prepare(NetworkManagerImpl.java:1859)
at com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.advanceStart(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:741)
at com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.start(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:461)
at com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.start(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:454)
at com.cloud.storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.startSecStorageVm(SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.java:246)
at com.cloud.storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.allocCapacity(SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.java:673)
at com.cloud.storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.expandPool(SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.java:1258)
at com.cloud.secstorage.PremiumSecondaryStorageManagerImpl.scanPool(PremiumSecondaryStorageManagerImpl.java:115)
at com.cloud.secstorage.PremiumSecondaryStorageManagerImpl.scanPool(PremiumSecondaryStorageManagerImpl.java:46)
at com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner.loadScan(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:102)
at com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner.access$100(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:30)
at com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner$1.reallyRun(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:79)
at com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner$1.run(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:69)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:351)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:178)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:165)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:267)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

Can someone tell me how to manually clear out the management IPs in use for this zone so I
can re-create the system VMs properly and get the zone functioning again?