cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ahmad Emneina <Ahmad.Emne...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Cannot view console.
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 06:34:17 GMT
On 9/13/12 6:03 PM, "Magicloud Magiclouds"
<magicloud.magiclouds@gmail.com> wrote:

>+Rajesh, no. The 10.9.1.0/24 is company internal network, both my
>"public ip" and "preserved ip" and hosts ip are in it.
>+Ahmad, yes.
>
>On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 12:01 AM, Ahmad Emneina
><Ahmad.Emneina@citrix.com> wrote:
>> Can your public network reach the DNS you provided, in the zone
>>configuration, for external dns resolution?
>>
>> Ahmad
>>
>> On Sep 13, 2012, at 2:24 AM, "Magicloud Magiclouds"
>><magicloud.magiclouds@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Yes. I have a private dns and all three machines are set to use it.
>>> The problem now is the ip used in the iframe cannot be ping through.

I think rp_filter is enabled on the console proxy vm by default, try
disabling it (in the console proxy vm) and see if that helps. Just use
'find' in the proc directory for rp_filter and echo a value of 0 into the
various nics on the system vm. Then check the web console for
connectivity. I think this is expected when youre multi homed on the same
network, get a request on the non default interface, but reply using a
different route(with rp_filter enabled). If that doesn’t work you can
always destroy the vm and try other experiments.