cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Outback Dingo <outbackdi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CLoudStack and OpenFiler2.99
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 23:19:42 GMT
On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 7:04 PM, Caleb Call <calebcall@me.com> wrote:
> I had major disk corruption using ZFS under FreeNAS (It was just a small 8 disk 16TB
raidz 6 setup).  I'd personally be very leery of using it with anything even semi-prod related.

FUD....... We've been using ZFS based backends for 2+ years with XCP /
CS without issues. in both large 60 drive ZFS arrays and small 5-6
disk arrays
We have had 0 issues so far. and We have tested both FreeBSD 8.X and
9.x EVEN CURRENT. and the Illumous based Illumian.