cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Cruse <and...@andrewcruse.com>
Subject Changing default network size
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 14:07:24 GMT
We have cloudstack set to provision the default guest network for customers
with a /24 but have a customer who needs a larger subnet.  Is there a way
to do that for an individual customer?  I know I can change it for the
entire zone, but it's not clear what the implications of doing that are.
Do existing accounts retain the current guest network and new accounts get
the new one, or does the new one apply to old accounts as well? If so, how
does that switchover happen?

Alternatively, is there a way to deploy a new default guest network to an
account?  The ideal scenario here would be to ust change the subnet mask on
the one they already have, but if we could provision an additional network
that will also get a virtual router that can act as the default gateway,
provide NAT, etc. for the new network that would work as well.  Deploying a
non-default network to the account doesn't seem to work as it seems to
expect an external device to handle routing and NAT duties which is not an
option in this case.

Thanks!

Andrew