cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From 汤聿津 <lerryt...@gmail.com>
Subject CloudStack with KVM and Open vSwitch
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 07:42:50 GMT
Hi all,

I know that CloudStack can work with XenServer in which Open vSwitch
is installed.
Can it work with KVM+OVS as well?
I tried to do so and had no problem until I tried to create some
instances, the error message was like

com.cloud.exception.InternalErrorException: Failed to create vnet
1149: Set name-type for VLAN subsystem. Should be visible in
/proc/net/vlan/configERROR:  if_name must be 15 characters or
less.Failed to create vlan 1149 on pif: /sys/class/net/cloud0/bridge:.
<<
Obviously, the underlying network is blamed.
Am I missing something in my configuration I should have paid
attention to, or it just can't be done?
If the answer is the latter one, any one please give me a reason?

Best regards,
Lerry