cloudstack-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Alex Huang <>
Subject [AFSCS40] Release status for CS 4.0
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 02:26:39 GMT
Hi All,

I've been reminded that I've neglected to update the community on the current status for CloudStack
4.0.  I apologize for that oversight.  From now til the actual release, I will give a daily
update on the status.  If you feel anything is missing, please let me know and I'll try to
include them on the next update.

As of 9/24/2012, CloudStack 4.0 release has past code freeze stage (over three weeks ago).
 A source code branch has been forked and is called 4.0.  Nightly build is running on Jenkins
on the 4.0 build.

Feature List
There are two features that missed the 4.0 release.  Auto-Scaling and Brocade Plugin.  Both
are due to having significant code changes due past the code freeze date.

Code Readiness
- There are ~5 code related reviews on the review board scheduled for 4.0.  Most of them are
waiting for review and commit.
- There are <10 bugs on Jira for the first cut of the release.
- Upgrade from previous versions is currently being worked on.  Scheduled to be done by the
end of the week.

License Readiness
- Majority of the VM configuration issues have been resolved.  There is one remaining wrt
rsyslog.conf.  Thanks to Chiradeep and Chip.
- Technology export issues are still be worked on by David Nalley and AFS legal.  This may
be a blocking issue.
- Licenses need auditing.

Doc Readiness
The current plan for docs is to write an INSTALL.TXT to give instructions on how to install
from source.  All docs will be generated to a living document that continues to improve past
the release.  The link to this living document is to be determined.

TODO:  Docs need help on the new features in the 4.0 release.  Specifically we need help with
Niciria Integration and Caringo documentation.  

QA Status
QA is proceeding through the test cycle.  It is currently at 45% of completion.  The number
of bugs generated from the tests have been minimum so the quality of the release currently
looks pretty good.

Release Plan
- The current plan is for QA to complete its test cycle between 9/26-9/28. 
- When QA decides the test cycle is read, we will cut a RC1 release.
- We are currently pushing to clear bugs generated from the test cycle asap.
- After all P1 and P2 bugs are cleared, 4.0 release will be submitted for approval to announce.


View raw message