cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Lerry <lerryt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack with KVM and Open vSwitch
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2012 09:22:23 GMT
Hi, Geoff

You are right.
Thanks for the advice.

Regards,

Sent from my iPhone

On 2012/09/28, at 17:50, Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This symptom is typically caused by not having your VLANs for your Guest network traffic
configured correctly on your Switches.

> Check to ensure the VLAN ranges you are using for your Guest Networks have been applied
to your switch.

> Regards
>
> Geoff

ONLY IF the guest is running on the same hypervisor box as the SRVM.
> I thought the cause (not likely though) might be the guest CIDR settings in the zone,
so I changed the default 10.1.1.0/24 to
> 10.0.0.0/8 and tried again, no luck.
> Can anyone help me out?
>

> On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 3:54 PM, 汤聿津 <lerrytang@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is it possible to get rid of this has-to-be-VLAN thing?
>> Will it work, for instance, if I replace the cloud0.XXX vlan interface
>> with some arbitrary non-vlan tap interface?
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Lerry <lerrytang@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi, kirk
>>>
>>> Thanks for the reply.
>>> That's ... frustrating ...
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

> ShapeBlue provides a range of strategic and technical consulting and implementation services

those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd. If you are not
the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents,