cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Venkata SwamyBabu Budumuru <venkataswamybabu.budum...@citrix.com>
Subject qos_algorithm_params (MRW): kbps: 25600 for Guest VMs?
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 05:56:26 GMT
Hi,

Any reason why we by default limit network rate to 25600 kbps (~25Mbps) on guest VMs? Which
parameter controls this setting? This is going to even control guest to guest traffic as well.
Why do we do this by default? It makes sense to rate limit public but, unsure about guest
traffic.

I see the following global params but they are meant to set this value to 200 Mbps

| Network  | DEFAULT  | management-server       | network.throttling.rate    | 200   | Default
data transfer rate in megabits per second allowed in network.                   |
| Network  | DEFAULT  | management-server       | vm.network.throttling.rate | 200   | Default
data transfer rate in megabits per second allowed in User vm's default network. |