cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Nik Martin <nik.mar...@nfinausa.com>
Subject Re: Setup Iscsi storage as Primary an Secodary storage
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 14:53:59 GMT
On 09/11/2012 09:02 AM, claude bariot wrote:
> Thanks for your reaction.
>
> Sory for my basic english.
>
> So, I'll setup the primary and secondary storage on the same machine bat a
> separate directory.
>
> I know, howto setup it on CS.
> Bat I don't how to prepare an iscisi debian based. Because I would like to
> install a Debian OS
>
> On 11 September 2012 15:47, Marcos Ortiz <marcos_ortiz@anadat.es> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Do you want to setup iscsi as primary storage? I don't understand you so
>> well.
>>
>> Marcos Ortiz Fernández
>> IT Technical Engineer
>> Anadat Consulting
>>

>> El 11/09/2012, a las 15:39, "claude bariot" <clobariot@gmail.com>
>> escribió:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'll receive a HP proliant G7 server without Operating System because, HP
>>> don't provide his server with a Debian OS.
>>> For this server, HP provide also, 2 iscsi disk for storage.
>>>
>>> Where is the best way to setup it as iscsi storage device for my CS
>>> plateform.
>>> If you can, give me step by step procedure for configuring Iscsi server
>> and
>>> CS management server (using Ubuntu 10.4)
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> CB

For Ubuntu, you need the tgt iscsi target package.  Cloudstack is iSCSI
agnostic for the most part, so what *I* would do is build your volume
using parted partition manager as GPT, then use the raw block device as
a tgt backing store. If you have a decent RAID card with battery backed
cache, turn off caching in tgt as well.  Docs for tgtd are here:
http://stgt.sourceforge.net/manpages/tgtd.8.html It's pretty
straightforward.

Regards,

Nik