cloudstack-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Vijay Venkatachalam <Vijay.Venkatacha...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [AFSCS40] Release status for CS 4.0
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 15:25:00 GMT
Hi Alex,

All the checkins are currently going to *autoscale* branch. 
I have to generate 4 more reviews and then it will done.
After that, my plan is to rebase autoscale branch against master (with proper 
unit testing) and send a request for merge. Is this fine?

Thanks,
Vijay V.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Alex Huang [mailto:Alex.Huang@citrix.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:39 AM
> To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org; cloudstack-
> users@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: RE: [AFSCS40] Release status for CS 4.0
> 
> Ram,
> 
> I see a lot of recent checkins on autoscaling so if code is completely checked
> into master, it should go into 4.1 automatically.
> 
> --Alex
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Ram Ganesh [mailto:Ram.Ganesh@citrix.com]
> > Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 10:48 PM
> > To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org; cloudstack-
> > dev@incubator.apache.org
> > Subject: RE: [AFSCS40] Release status for CS 4.0
> >
> > Alex,
> >
> > For AutoScaling is there a process we should follow to bring the
> > feature into
> > 4.1 release apart from the usual reviews/unit-tests?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ram
> >
> >
> > > -----Original Message-----
> > > From: Alex Huang [mailto:Alex.Huang@citrix.com]
> > > Sent: 25 September 2012 07:57
> > > To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
> > > Cc: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
> > > Subject: [AFSCS40] Release status for CS 4.0
> > >
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I've been reminded that I've neglected to update the community on
> > > the current status for CloudStack 4.0.  I apologize for that oversight.
> > > From now til the actual release, I will give a daily update on the
> > > status.  If you feel anything is missing, please let me know and
> > > I'll try to include them on the next update.
> > >
> > > Summary
> > > As of 9/24/2012, CloudStack 4.0 release has past code freeze stage
> > > (over three weeks ago).  A source code branch has been forked and is
> > > called 4.0.  Nightly build is running on Jenkins on the 4.0 build.
> > >
> > > Feature List
> > > There are two features that missed the 4.0 release.  Auto-Scaling
> > > and Brocade Plugin.  Both are due to having significant code changes
> > > due past the code freeze date.
> > >
> > > Code Readiness
> > > - There are ~5 code related reviews on the review board scheduled
> > > for 4.0.  Most of them are waiting for review and commit.
> > > - There are <10 bugs on Jira for the first cut of the release.
> > > - Upgrade from previous versions is currently being worked on.
> > > Scheduled to be done by the end of the week.
> > >
> > > License Readiness
> > > - Majority of the VM configuration issues have been resolved.  There
> > > is one remaining wrt rsyslog.conf.  Thanks to Chiradeep and Chip.
> > > - Technology export issues are still be worked on by David Nalley
> > > and AFS legal.  This may be a blocking issue.
> > > - Licenses need auditing.
> > >
> > > Doc Readiness
> > > The current plan for docs is to write an INSTALL.TXT to give
> > > instructions on how to install from source.  All docs will be
> > > generated to a living document that continues to improve past the
> > > release.  The link to this living document is to be determined.
> > >
> > > TODO:  Docs need help on the new features in the 4.0 release.
> > > Specifically we need help with Niciria Integration and Caringo
> > > documentation.
> > >
> > > QA Status
> > > QA is proceeding through the test cycle.  It is currently at 45% of
> > > completion.  The number of bugs generated from the tests have been
> > > minimum so the quality of the release currently looks pretty good.
> > >
> > > Release Plan
> > > - The current plan is for QA to complete its test cycle between
> > > 9/26- 9/28.
> > > - When QA decides the test cycle is read, we will cut a RC1 release.
> > > - We are currently pushing to clear bugs generated from the test
> > > cycle asap.
> > > - After all P1 and P2 bugs are cleared, 4.0 release will be
> > > submitted for approval to announce.
> > >
> > > --Alex


Mime
View raw message