cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Caleb Call <calebc...@me.com>
Subject Re: Unable to attach additional disk
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 16:33:35 GMT
I've found what the issue was.  This instance was created by the admin user.  I was trying
to add this new additional disk as my user (who is also an admin, but not the admin user).
 Is this intentional?  I would think if my user is setup as an admin, I should be able to
do the same tasks as the admin user.  Is this not the case?  Should I file a bug about this
(or maybe there's already one for this?)

Thanks

On Sep 26, 2012, at 9:12 AM, Caleb Call <calebcall@me.com> wrote:

> No Windows.  All instances are Linux (CentOS 5.8).  Hypervisors are all Citrix Xenserver.
 I've added disks to other VMs in the past, but for some reason, it's no longer working.

> On Sep 26, 2012, at 2:21 AM, Ahmad Saif <ahmad.abosaif@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Caleb,
>>
>> I this instance a windows machine ?, and what hypervisor you are using (citrix-xen
or KVM ) ?

>> Thanks
>>
>> On 09/26/2012 01:08 AM, Caleb Call wrote:
>>> I have an existing instance that I'm trying to add an additional data disk to.
 I'm able to go in to the instance, View Volumes, and click Add Additional Volume.  It created
the disk and puts the newly created disk in to a state of Allocated, but it doesn't attach
it to that VM.  I also tried going in to the Storage tab, creating the volume, and then attaching
the disk but when I try to attach it, the drop-down menu for instances is empty.  I'm sure
I'm missing something, any advice?

>>> Cloudstack 3.0.2
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Caleb

>>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is intended only for the use and review
of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged
and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee
or agent responsible for delivering the message solely to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify sender immediately
by telephone or return email. Thank you.