cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Mice Xia" <mice_...@tcloudcomputing.com>
Subject RE: qos_algorithm_params (MRW): kbps: 25600 for Guest VMs?
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 06:07:50 GMT
network.throttling.rate     200megabits
vm.network.throttling.rate  200megabits

please notice the unit is megabits on CS UI, while on Xencenter It's Kbytes/s
200 MegaBits = 200 * 1024 /8 = 25600 KBytes = 25MBytes

Regards
Mice

-----Original Message-----
From: Venkata SwamyBabu Budumuru [mailto:venkataswamybabu.budumuru@citrix.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 1:56 PM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: qos_algorithm_params (MRW): kbps: 25600 for Guest VMs?

Hi,

Any reason why we by default limit network rate to 25600 kbps (~25Mbps) on guest VMs? Which
parameter controls this setting? This is going to even control guest to guest traffic as well.
Why do we do this by default? It makes sense to rate limit public but, unsure about guest
traffic.

I see the following global params but they are meant to set this value to 200 Mbps

| Network  | DEFAULT  | management-server       | network.throttling.rate    | 200   | Default
data transfer rate in megabits per second allowed in network.                   |
| Network  | DEFAULT  | management-server       | vm.network.throttling.rate | 200   | Default
data transfer rate in megabits per second allowed in User vm's default network. |