cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Matthew Patton" <mpat...@inforelay.com>
Subject Re: Adding Public IP Addresses in Advanced Networking
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 08:43:45 GMT
On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 12:06:25 -0400, Clayton Weise <cweise@iswest.net>
wrote:

> This is fine except that with how things are right now the tagging
> happens on the hypervisor and not the VM

I tried 'vconfig ethN <vlanID>' and then 'brctl addif <bridge> ethN.V'?
but that doesn't work. You have to add the un-tagged interface (ethN) to
the bridge. The same holds true for using bonded interfaces which is how I
do things; add bond0 to the bridge but bond0.V is not added to the bridge.
Works like a charm.

But when CS does `brctl addif <bridge> vnet0` that's an untagged bridge
and the virtual machine itself would have to tag the frames within the VM
for it to work, right?