cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Clayton Weise <cwe...@iswest.net>
Subject RE: XenServer inode exhaustion
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 18:30:45 GMT
This just happened to me, only it happened to the pool master and one of the slaves.  Does
anybody have any insight/ideas on this.  Matthew, how were you able to fix this?

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Hartmann [mailto:mhartmann@tls.net]
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:03 AM
To: CloudStack user/admin discussions; CloudStack Devs
Subject: XenServer inode exhaustion

Hello all!

I have quite an odd issue with my XenServer 6.0.2 machines that are in a
Pool that is managed by CloudStack 3.0.2.

In my Pool, I have a Pool Master and two Pool Members. On the Pool
Master, there are 12 VM's running and in /tmp there are only 18
"stream-unix.####.#" files. I thought this was odd so I checked my Pool
Members.

On Pool Member "B" there are only 2 VM's running and roughly ~63,700
"stream-unix.####.#" stale socket files.

On Pool Member "C" there are only 8 VM's running and roughly ~63,600
"stream-unix.####.#" stale socket files.

The last time this happened, the stale socket files exhausted the
available inodes on the file system. With inodes exhausted, the file
system reported itself as full. This resulted in a corrupt XenServer
Pool and lead to rebuilding the Pool (not to mention the countless hours
of scrubbing the CloudStack database).

All thoughts and/or suggestions are welcome!

Cheers,

Matthew