cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Caleb Call <calebc...@me.com>
Subject Customizing cloudstack
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 22:31:51 GMT
Couple questions that pertain to customizing cloudstack to fit better into our environment.
 First question is related to DNS.  What needs to be done to make it so the DHCP addresses
that are assigned in cloudstack can be pushed back dynamically to our company DNS?  Is it
as simple as setting up an rndc key?  We'd like this functionality so that the self-service
part is truly self service and as automated as possible.  I would guess the changes would
need to be made on the virtual router, but how could we make it so any future routers that
are spun up pickup these changes as well...is that possible?

Second question has to do with modifying an instance's resources.  Is it possible to resize
an instance, say add additional memory without creating a new Compute Offering, maybe using
the API?  The one thought I had on doing this was to use the API, create a new computer offering
with the specs you want, stop the VM, assign this compute offering, start up the VM, then
remove the computer offering.  I'm sure there are issues with that, but it seems odd that
you can't just add memory or an extra CPU or <insert whatever> without creating a whole
new compute offering for existing instances.

Thanks,
Caleb