cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Alena Prokharchyk <Alena.Prokharc...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: change / replace public ip range
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 16:02:05 GMT
On 8/14/12 8:50 AM, "heince kurniawan" <heince@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi Alena,
>
>I did it. btw, my problem is solved.
>
>What i understand now is when i edit the vlan row and the range / total
>ip has more ip than previous,
>CS didn't trigger / insert row with 'Free' state on user_ip_address
>table, thats why the total ip is wrong.

It doesn't. The description is just a text field in mysql table, changing
it doesn't trigger any additional insertions. When you manually modify the
DB, modify both vlan and user_ip_address tables. Although we always
recommend to perform all the operations via cloudStack API to ensure the
correct db updates.

>Thanks,
>Heince
>

>On 14-Aug-2012, at 11:16 PM, Alena Prokharchyk wrote:
>
>> If you insert them manually into the DB, make sure that
>>vlan.'description'
>> field reflects the new start/end Ips
>>
>> -Alena.
>>
>> On 8/14/12 4:12 AM, "heince kurniawan" <heince@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Mice, your hints very helpful.
>>>
>>> so, i end up with shortening current range to match previous total ip,
>>> then i added the rest 10 by adding new public IP range from UI.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Heince

IP

before you