cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Marcus Sorensen <shadow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Navigation concept
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 18:35:43 GMT
I think the 3d effect could be useful as it does allow for a hidden
menu and still shows the entire page. It does buy real-estate in spite
of being fancy. I think it could probably be smoothed out a bit though
so it's not so jarring.

One thing about the slide out is that it moves a chunk of the main
content out of the window (for me). The alternative would be to slide
out over it, also less than ideal but I guess you probably don't
necessarily need to have access to that content while navigating.

Would it be possible to shrink the main content rather than rotate it
or slide it out of view? Sort of like an "expose" view on the mac
(four finger swipe down) that brings up the dock and your current
window. That way all of the content is still visible, you gain the
real-estate you were looking for, and it's a shiny effect without
seeming frivolous.

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Sonny Chhen <Sonny.Chhen@citrix.com> wrote:
> Thanks Chip. Will be proposing more ideas for the dashboard, notification, and general
ui fixes in the coming weeks.

> Thanks You and Best Regards,
>
> Sonny H. Chhen
> Manager of User Interface & User Experience | Citrix Systems - CloudPlatform
> 4988 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, CA  95054, USA

feedback's how to get to the best result...
> (I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here, but I wanted to say thanks
> anyway)
>
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Sonny Chhen <Sonny.Chhen@citrix.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for the feedback Chip. It seems that the sliding navigation may be the better
route in this case. We may have the same slide down effect in another iteration of the notification
as most people seem to miss the counter.

>> Thanks You and Best Regards,
>>
>> Sonny H. Chhen
>> Manager of User Interface & User Experience | Citrix Systems -
>> CloudPlatform
>> 4988 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, CA  95054, USA

be fast and visually meaningful.

>> -chip
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 1:34 PM, Will Chan <will.chan@citrix.com> wrote:
>>> I personally would like it if the navigation would just slide out.  The 3d stuff
although is "cool", doesn't seem to add anything useful in terms of UX.  In fact, I would
argue it makes it slightly less useful because the text become blurry.

>>> Also, I assume this required HTML5 and building something like this prevents
users of older browsers the ability to use this unless you plan on having supporting multiple
navigation models.