cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Virtual LB with basic zone?
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2012 04:35:57 GMT
On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 10:42 PM, Caleb Call <ccall@overstock.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to setup a basic zone and be able to allow the use of load balancers (virtual)?
 I've tried setting up a couple different combination of network offerings but I always get
an error message similar to this when I setup the zone:

> "failed to create a guest network for basic zone. Error: Provider VirtualRouter doesn't
support services combination: [Dhcp, Dns, Lb, UserData]"

> So, is it possible?  If it is, what am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks

It used to be possible.
In 2.2.x there was a concept of Elastic Load Balancer. I _think_ the
networking changes introduced in 3.0 broke ELB (but I could be
completely wrong about the reason why) , and when it was resurrected
it was a Netscaler-dependent feature - so it is possible, has been
done in the past, but certainly doesn't currently work in the 3.0.x
versions.

--David