cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Gavin Lee <gavin....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack : Email alert
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 12:17:47 GMT
--How to test:
The CS produces alerts easily.
Or you can manually put some resource in abnormal state, eg: shutdown
host, disconnect storage, etc. But I don't think you need to do this.

--CS on ubuntu:
I guess you mean if need extra package/mail client to set up alert
mail configuration on ubuntu,right? I think as long as you set correct
value in global config and make sure your CS can access the smtp
server, the alert mail will be sent normally.

You also can check the CS log if anything is not as expected.

--
Gavin